Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC68HC711 Reader/Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken Parkyn said:
Does anyone know where I can borrow, rent or buy a programmer for the above Motorola uProc?
It's been a long time since I played much with HC11's, but I seem to remember that they mostly use bootloaders. Just plug in a serial cable and run the loader software.

I have just the 52 pin chip - no p.c.b. or interface.
I need to copy and program a series of 68HC711 these processors.

Ken Parkyn said:
I have just the 52 pin chip - no p.c.b. or interface.
I need to copy and program a series of 68HC711 these processors.
There are production programmers available. They aren't cheap. I know nothing about them. I only used HC11's for fun.

From direct experience, unless you have the source code (the flash access/security bytes in particular), you will Never get to the runtime code to upload & copy it.

In the fall of '10, I had a task to do the same. I thought the 711 series was early (primitive) enough to not have effective security, and spent a solid week finding otherwise. I had to disapoint the customer, but they appreciated the candor.

I use 908 & 9S08 series chips and Know that Nobody is getting My IP anytime in this century.

The most practical approach is to rewrite the project from scratch. BTDT X n, but good luck anyway... <<<)))

P.S. depending on the exact part number, they may be simply unobtainable.

Last edited:
If the op hasn't managed to program it after 10 years, they have probably given up.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back