Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mc 34063 ****** 5 volts to 24volts dc to dc converter with 50 ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is OK for the power supply to be able to deliver more current than you need. As long as the voltage is right, your load device will just draw the current that it needs.

sir,

mine is battery operated .

if it is capable driving more currents means driving more current from battery.

power supply it self draw some nominal current.

so if it is giving less current means draw less currents from 9v battery.

i need only 10 ma of current.

hope u understand.

i may be wrong need clarification.

regards
svn.

Other than it's internal operating power and inefficiency, the converter will only draw the input current necessary to supply the output current.

But, one thing that you need to understand. Since the output voltage is 5 times the input voltage, the input current will also be at least 5 times the output current.

Input power will always be greater than the output power.

......so 10mA output at 24V = 240mW of power. That means for an ideal 100% efficient 9V-to-24V converter you would need 240mW / 9V = 26.7mA battery current. In practice the efficieny might be, say, 85% and the battery current would then be ~ 31.4mA.

The 34063 is quite inefficient running from 5v in. The current sense resistor drops 0.3v and the darlington transistor can drop another >1v.

Efficiency of a boost circuit using that IC and running 5v->24v might be as bad as 55% or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back