Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maze Path finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subhanshu Gupta

Friends i am building a Maze Path Finder (robo car) . I am having problems in finding the distances between my car and the wall of the maze. Is there any way using ir devices to find the distancebetween my car and the wall of the maze.As the ckt i am using can detect the obstacle upto the distance of 8 cm.I am using At89c52 microcontroller to control my robo car. Also i am having a problem in logic to trace the path and find the shortest of it.

Last edited:
hi,

ultrasonic sensors are good but i'm not sure they are very much accurate at smaller distance. if the objective is to just find the obstacle, at closer distances, then ir sensors are good, also there are ready made sensors available. use two wheels to power the robo and third a dummy at hind to support them. you can place two sensors - one at front, one at any one side say right. once you get the obstacle chk both sensors, if right is clear, turn right, else turn left. for the above arrangement turning radius is a matter of concern though. hope i was of some help.
cheers,

neo

I'm sure lego mindstorms isn't really what your looking for but my set used a photo sensisitve diode which stopped the vehical when the light level dropped beyond a certain level, such as when it gets too close to a wall.
If you like I can get the light level at which it stops the motor?

Friends i am building a Maze Path Finder (robo car) . I am having problems in finding the distances between my car and the wall of the maze. Is there any way using ir devices to find the distancebetween my car and the wall of the maze.As the ckt i am using can detect the obstacle upto the distance of 8 cm.I am using At89c52 microcontroller to control my robo car. Also i am having a problem in logic to trace the path and find the shortest of it.

hi, this is prathap, b.tech , i want to do a project work on At89c52 microcontroller based robo car
,please help me by sending all the information regarding this project. my mail id is prathap_raj2003@yahoo.co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back