Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

maybe a latching relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspec

Hi
I’ve been searching for a relay for the circuit below I’ve just put a reed type for illustration purposes. I’m thinking it needs some sort of latching relay so when you push any of the switches it sets relay on push any of the 3 switches it sets relay to off.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what relay would do the job

Thanks

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 153
I’ve looked at tons of pages on this site before posting and could find anything that looked like what I was looking for. Not that I would know if I saw it as my claim to fame is last week I used a battery and a switch to light a LED.

I ran I search on what you suggested and came up empty on what the relay I’m looking for could be.

I did find this diagram but I don’t know if I could run it on 240v

Attachments

• Alternate-action.gif
    Alternate-action.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 137
Here is a typical latching relay as you seem to want. It only takes one momentary switch however. Push the switch once to latch, push again to unlatch.
It is also possible to wire a regular relay to latch and unlatch with two push buttons. On button is normally open, and the other is normally closed. This is the link to the relay:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...=sGAEpiMZZMsqIr59i2oRciI23fuVkZwl17Yk/HKFrTM=

Attachments

• S89R11.jpg
    S89R11.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back