Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

May I know how much current that this contactor can handles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkyong

This is a ABB B50 brand contactor,it is written Ith=125A ,
IeAC-1=100A & not mentioned continuous current ,
I don't understand what do they mean & which one is the exact current that it can handles?
Thanks!!!

The current that the contactor can handle depends on how often the contactor is interupting the current, what current surges are expected when turning on and what voltage surges are expected when turning off.

The Ith = 125 A means that the thermal limit on the contactor is 125 A continuous without overheating. The resistance is such that the power from the heating with 125 A can be dissapated without any part getting too hot.

**broken link removed**

&

**broken link removed**

explain that Ie means:-

Rated operational current of an apparatus taking into account voltage, frequency, duty and utilization category.

and AC-1 means

Non-inductive or slightly inductive loads, resistance furnaces.

So that contactor shouldn't be used above 100 A in real-life situations, and probably at no more than 30 A or so on a motor.

I see you cross-posted on http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=13743

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back