Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

May 21 2011, OOPS, its not the end of the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human-caused climate change is a global scientific consensus. Just as evolution is. Of course money is spent on it, its effects have dramatic consequences.
What part of evolution is the human race funding? How is this turning into a global warming thread, aside from TCMtech pushing it that way and Brownout being a sucker for a jibe while the rest of the sheeple form a line for the same crap that comes up here again and again?

Seriously, people, grow a clue.

What part of evolution is the human race funding? How is this turning into a global warming thread, aside from TCMtech pushing it that way and Brownout being a sucker for a jibe while the rest of the sheeple form a line for the same crap that comes up here again and again?

Seriously, people, grow a clue.

Looks to me like the sheeple are those who actually believe any of these kinds of threads are anything other than a segway back to the same worn-out denalists rant. It's always the same people bringing up the same thing over and over despite never having anything new to add, and somehow it becomes somebody else's fault. If you had a clue, then you wouldn't need to stoke the flame either.

How is this turning into a global warming thread, aside from TCMtech pushing it that way and Brownout being a sucker for a jibe while the rest of the sheeple form a line for the same crap that comes up here again and again?

Well it is my thread after all and to top it off its subject title clearly states its intent. Humor, My style that is!;)

As far as brownout goes I could care less what he has to say. He has been and still is on my ignore list so I don't have a clue as to what he may be saying unless someone quotes him and even then I don't put a single bit of effort into reading it!

January 14 2011 post 41 to refresh peoples memory's. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/dying-birds-and-millions-of-fish-your-thoughts.114975/

To further confirm my ignoring intent you can check every single thread he may have created since that day and not once will you find that I have ever participated in one. However that has yet to stop him from still invading mine anyway. :mad:

I think I could consider that blatant and deliberate harassment now. New Moderator whats your take? :mad:

Last edited:
Now back to the CO2 stink once again. :p

As far as I know I have not said once that I deny that the CO2 level is rising or that the planet is getting warmer. What I have said and backed up is that I have little reason to believe that we humans have any responsibility for it happening.

Even Al gore himself has admitted this little inconvenient truth. CO2 rise follows, by several hundreds to a thousand plus years, not leads temperature change. That can apparently be taken as a fact due to both sides of the debate openly admitting that its a real and valid effect.

The inconvenient truth about the Ice core Carbon Dioxide Temperature Correlations | ScienceBits

CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

RealClimate: What does the lag of CO2 behind temperature in ice cores tell us about global warming?

The Warming Papers - Google Books

To top this all off I have not once ever said that I was against warming this planet up, rather I am very much for it and take the assumed human influences seriously enough to read up on them and do my best to push them along even though I have great doubts that they, the human sources plus my efforts, are producing any real gainful effects.

But hey at least I am trying and thats what matters right? :D

However unlike Harold Camping and his predictions, The origin of this threads pokes, I have no way of knowing if I or anyone else will be right or wrong in my lifetime.:(

Last edited:
Except this time, CO2 levels precede temperature change. That little inconvenient truth points to the fact that in the most recent case, the burning of fossil fuels have contributed to the rise in CO2 levels, and thus to the spike in global temperatures. Of course, in the past temperature variations, there was no widespread burning of fossil fuels, and so the situation was completely different. But as the Real Climate link above points out:

Does this prove that CO2 doesn’t cause global warming? The answer is no.

and this:

So, in summary, the lag of CO2 behind temperature doesn’t tell us much about global warming. [But it may give us a very interesting clue about why CO2 rises at the ends of ice ages. The 800-year lag is about the amount of time required to flush out the deep ocean through natural ocean currents. So CO2 might be stored in the deep ocean during ice ages, and then get released when the climate warms.]
Once again, the current situation is different from anything before. Of all the other factors that has been studied to the effect of the current warming, only the rise in CO2 levels, which started before the warming trend, correlates with the rise in temperature.

BTW,

However that has yet to stop him from still invading mine anyway.

I think I could consider that blatant and deliberate harassment now. New Moderator whats your take?

This is a public forum, and any member is within his rights to comment on any thread. Crying about someone "invading" a thread is ridiculous and seems a bit cowardly to me.

Last edited:
This thread topic is supposed to be about, ' Not, the end of the World', if it continues to wander off topic, it will closed.!!!

MODERATOR EDIT: This post has been removed. If you wish to debate the moderators statements or have questions related to it please PM them instead of mis-directing the thread. REF: Disagreements With Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
MODERATOR EDIT: This post has been removed. If you wish to debate the moderators statements or have questions related to it please PM them instead of mis-directing the thread. REF: Disagreements With Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
'tcmtech' and 'brownout', you continually keep returning to arguing the same pointless theme, you've been warned about it before, and any further repetitions will result in bans for BOTH of you.

If you wish to waste your time, then do so via private email to each other, and stop trying to publicise your points on these forums.

This thread is now closed!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back