Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum Current (Imax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidharth

Hi,

Situation:
I have DC 3V source, 1meters long wire, it can handle 5A of max current & it is shot circuited(a loop without any component in between) to source .

In the books it is mentioned that, if Resistance (Ohms) is = 0 , then Current(I) is = 0.
:) But But when i did this experiment, my multimeter deflects a lot. infact Imax.

So i started thinking about it, after some time i realised a convieneant reason for that.
So i want to cross check whatever i realize is correct or not.

The reason for this is as following:

different type of material have different specific Resistivity & conduction reciprocal of resistivity,so even if there is no resistive component in the loop,there is a wire which is creating a loop & it got resistance, may be very low but it has some m/u Ohm's.so if we figure out the resistance af a wire & we know 5V source, we can find out I, through Ohms low/

Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back