Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max3110e issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

richb

Max3110e issues-solved

I'm currently trying to just use the RS232 line drive in the MAX3110e with the USART of the PIC16f877a.

I've linked pins

25 (TX) to T1 IN
26 (RX) to R1 OUT

and

T1 OUT (Tx) to RS232 RXD (pin 2)

R1 IN (RX) to RS232 TXD (pin 3)

Vcc and ground are also connected.

When i connect this to a MAX232 everything works fine, but when i move it over to the MAX3110e nothing is coming in.

Any ideas guys.

Thanks

Rich

Last edited:
ok i tried that, and now i'm getting something on the terminal line. Unfortunately its all gibberish.

not sure if i read correctly what you have done, but in any case, make sure you also connect pin 5 in the rs232 plugg to ground in your circut.

Im asuming you alrdy did that tho...

What do you mean by giberish? weird ascii characters?

Yep i had also connected pin 5 to ground.

It should print as a test

Code:
Hello
Hello
Hello

but this is what i get

Code:
HHHl
e
 áHee
Heo›
›llo
 "lHe›šÎHš
          œHH
HHlHo  HH²³ ¨‹ûŠþH
   HeeHoú
l
llHHlHH

Oh, tried several chips too, as i've seen this when you blow up a max232, but get same on each chip

Last edited:
Issue Solved

I found that the MAX3110e worked fine when utiliseing a seperate power supply to power it.

I looked around and found that by adding caps to both of the PICS vdd lines, it seems to allow me to power the MAX3110e on the same supply as the pic.

This maybe a typical newbie thing, but I'm still learning :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back