Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX232, MAX232CPE and MAX232DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramo

If you go to www.futurlec.com and search for MAX232 you will get 5 hits. They are all different versions of the MAX232, but I can't seem to find any information in the datasheets on what exactly is different between them all.

I’m interested in the differences between the MAX232 and MAX232CPE, as the are the same prices (but one could be better/revised)

I'm also interested in the MAX232DR, it’s cheaper than the above two, but why??

The datasheet explains that the MAX232 and MAX232A require different external capacitors (1uF for 232, and 0.1uF for 232A), are different caps required for the MAX232's mentioned above?

Any help would be appreciated

hi gramo,

Perhaps the attached gif's may help, if not let me know.

Regards

Last edited:
Suffixe's on chip No's usually determine package size and temperature range, these are normaly explained at the end of the datasheet. MAX232CPE is 16 pin plastic DIP 0-70 degrees C

Ohh, I must have over looked those tables!

Thanks for the heads up guys, upon checking the tables the CPE simply has a different rated temperature range, and the DR is cheaper because its an SOIC package, I’m not geared for surface mount, and tired of paying for adaptors, so i guess the standard MAX232 or MAX232CPE are the simple choice.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back