Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max1647 Battery Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterbenn

Hi guys i'm having some problems with a battery charger circuit, using the max 1647.

I've had it responding to its address and was working on setting voltage and current limits when the problem occured.

The first indication was the SDA line was being pulled down from a 'high' 5V to about 2.4V. Its like the chip is trying to take control of the SDA line but cant quite manage it. And this is on start up - when it really shouldnt be taking control as its only a slave.

Also the VL pin is low - but the REF pin is at a valid 3.9V. Anyone that looks up the datasheet will notice this is a bit odd as REF depends on VL. for this all i can think is that the VL pin is broken but not the internal circuitry. - however a low VL may explain SDA being pulled down....

clearly i've checked my circuit - it seems fine to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back