Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max118 thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbjor

hey guys, i have a little project to do, i have to build a thermometer using adc max118 microprocessor, but i dont know how to start... can someone give me a hint? thanks

hey guys, i have a little project to do, i have to build a thermometer using adc max118 microprocessor, but i dont know how to start... can someone give me a hint? thanks

hi & welcome,
Why have you chosen an 8 channel analog input and parallel data output for a simple thermometer project.?

Last edited:
hey thanks,
it was my teacher that chose, i would have done with integrated circuito ICL7107.

hi,
ICL, so would I.
What display is required to show the temperature.
example: a single LED on each of the 8 output pins.

Which temperature sensor are you allowed to use. ?

Im going to use a 7-segment display.

Whe are allowed to use 2N222 Transistor.

hi,
To drive 7 segment LED's, you will need to convert the 8bit binary to 3 BCD bytes and then drive 3, 74LS74 decode drivers.

I would check with your tutor and get more guidance on how he expects the temperature to be displayed.

for example, how many digits to display

I dont think you have enough information for whats required to complete this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back