Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Max input voltage for ADC input on microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. :)

I hope its alright to ask this one. Do you know what's the dead voltage level of 6v SLA batteries? So I can prompt the user that he needs to recharge the battery.

hi,
For 6V SLA batteries never let them discharge to less 5.4V, I would recommend 5.6V as a minimum then recharge

Last edited:
You also said this one on your earlier post. Is it bad to power a device say 5v from regulated 6v lead acid battery?

I dont think I said that.???

If you used a low voltage drop 5V regulator, say one that had a drop out of 0.2V a 6V SLA battery would be OK.

A standard 7805 Vreg would not work with a 6V SLA battery.

Last edited:
I dont think I said that.???

If you used a low voltage drop 5V regulator, say one that had a drop out of 0.2V a 6V SLA battery would be OK.

A standard 7805 Vreg would not work with a 6V SLA battery.

Sorry for the late reply, now I see. Thank you for all the explanations.

Last edited:
Just an FYI,
I applied 12V direct (25A) to a 16F ADC input. The PIC lives on. The entire ADC system is now dead though, on all inputs. It's as though the PIC has no ADC. I can do regular Digital I/O .

Just an FYI,
I applied 12V direct (25A) to a 16F ADC input. The PIC lives on. The entire ADC system is now dead though, on all inputs. It's as though the PIC has no ADC. I can do regular Digital I/O .

Hi Mosaic, Did you use also any voltage divider for your 12v?

Just an FYI,

ADC can not be above VDD by more then .5 volts. If he had used a voltage divider that lower it to 5.5 volts His ADC would still work.
I have killed the ADC missed the MCLR pin and hooked it to PORTA.0 So i know you can blow it.
The chip was running code that used RA0 for ADC and I went to reprogram and popped the adc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back