Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX 232 IC voltage level problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_ishan

hello,
i have used MAX232 ic for voltage conversion from RS 232 levels to TTL level.......
the input level for this IC is given in datasheet as +/- 30V........
i would like to know what will happen to output at TTL side if i gave TTL level data at RS-232 side???
i mean what will happen if i use +5v data levels at rs 232 side.....

I have run rs485 (0-5v data) into a pc rs232 input with a short cable and it worked, try it, it might work, even if it does it still might not be reliable or work at high speed.

You can fudge 0-5v data into 0-12v which works reasonably well by using the handshake signals, you can make a little circuit up in the hood of a d type connector, do a google if this would solve your problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back