Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matrix led design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic2006

Hi all ,
I am new to this forum , first I would like to thank everyone here who share his knowledge.

My next project is designing 24 character scrolling led matrix display ( I would use 8x8 led matrix modules for one character so I need 24 of them ) , I have looked through the forum to understand the logic of scrolling displays I could understand that it is better to scan the rows , to get higher duty cycle. My display should receive the characters from PC through RS232 up to 100 characters as one sentence to be displayed . My problem is I could not understand the logic of scanning and generating the specail data to scroll the sentence from right to left or from left to right or even for short sentences to be fixed . should I need external memory for this or not ? I would be thankfull if someone could explain those issues please ?

I would like to use one of the 18F series PICs .

Thank you in advance

Regards

Thank you
I have no problem with hardware ( multiplex & how to cascade ) , my problem is undertsnading how to generate the data that I would multiplex , knowing that the charachters would change according to the commands from the PC .

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back