Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

declan

im am a fourth year student doing my final project. i would be very grateul if i could get some advice on on a facial recognition project. I have to establish whether a face is symmetrical or not. i have the image of the face capturing but now what i am getting stuck on is trying to calculate the distance of the image using matlab 7.1

for example the image is of my face. i want to be able to automatically calculate the distance of my face from ear to ear then divide this by 2 so that it is half way. then i flip the left hand side on to the right and subtract images to see the differences.

i have all of the flipping part done but it is the automatic calculation of width that has to be figuered out.

i would be grateful for any advice

I would think i would be easier to define a line through the middle and then mirror one side and subtract the result from the other half (matrix-wise). A perfectly symetrical face would provide a result of ZERO.

you could use that as a method, having a tolerance on the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back