Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Math help with Hertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

I need to simmulate a speed sensor form a automobile.
The sensor outputs 4000 pluses per mile (PPM)!
At 60 mph what is the feq/herts of the pluse?

I need to have a Slave Pic send a simulate a speed sensor! HELP!!!

Steveo

1Steveo said:
I need to simmulate a speed sensor form a automobile.
The sensor outputs 4000 pluses per mile (PPM)!
At 60 mph what is the feq/herts of the pluse?

I need to have a Slave Pic send a simulate a speed sensor! HELP!!!

Steveo

Is 60 mph not one mile per minute? Now we are getting close, just a little more simple math. I'll give you a clue it is simple division.

or experimentation... just unplug the sensor, and plug a generator instead.

from what i feel... it will also depend of the tire sizes... it's no coincidence why tire replacement chart exist when you want to oversize the 'factory' tire size.

Come on work it out for yourself.

Hz means cycles per second
60mph (as has already been stated) is one mile per miniute.
There are 60 seconds in a miniute.

Oh well I'm off to do something more challenging than teaching primary school work.

Mr e,
I was hoping to use a PicMicro as an "Pluse Generator" to simulate the speed sensor form my vehical driven at 60MPH. ie a high pluse every 500 ms = 1 Hertz right?

1Steveo said:
Mr e,
I was hoping to use a PicMicro as an "Pluse Generator" to simulate the speed sensor form my vehical driven at 60MPH.
A 555 is far more simple and cheaper.

ie a high pluse every 500 ms = 1 Hertz right?
That depends on the duty cycle, at 50% duty you're right, a 1Hz waveform would be on for 500ms then off for 500ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back