Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

math functions in 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.
achuthkumar said:
hi

how to calculate cos angle(cos theta) in assembly language.

please help me
thank you

To what angular resolution.?

I would suggest using lookup tables if you at all can. Trig functions (or anything using or resulting in floating-point) will increase your processing time and memory demands significantly. Some 8051s will be better than others in this regard, though--the 8015 processor family is huge.

Torben

Torben said:
I would suggest using lookup tables if you at all can. Trig functions (or anything using or resulting in floating-point) will increase your processing time and memory demands significantly. Some 8051s will be better than others in this regard, though--the 8015 processor family is huge.

Torben

hmmm... i think the only differnece between those different members of the 8051 family is the peripherals, but they all share the same architecture, and surely the same ALU.

achuthkumar, i suggest you read this part of my 8051 tutorial:
**broken link removed**

Look at the clock rate for some turbo charged 8051's. Upwards of 48 MHz.
Let's not forget the hardware multiply and divide. 8 x 8 it's true, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.

ikalogic said:
hmmm... i think the only differnece between those different members of the 8051 family is the peripherals, but they all share the same architecture, and surely the same ALU.

There are differences in peripherals, but also in speed, instructions per cycle, and so on. There is (was) also at least one 8051 variant from Ramtron which included an FPU among its features, but that one appears to now be obsolete.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back