Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Math for Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunil.s

Hi everyone.
I'm new to electronics.I just wanted to know about the mathematical concepts that I require to understand the electronics circuits better.I know that for all higher education in engineering maths is very important.
So please help me by suggesting important mathematical concepts.
It would be great if you furnish the information with the best books on the same and also blogs and websites.

Hi,

Linear algebra, differential equations, etc. Be back with more later.

For most electronics you can get by with high school maths. I should qualify that as here in Australia they have 3 levels of maths. You need the level that does calculus, probably the top level.

Mike.

Most basic electronic, and AC and DC circuit analysis can be done with standard arithmetic and a good understanding of algebra and complex numbers (complex numbers are need for AC analysis). Calculus, Laplace transforms, fast Fourier transforms, and matrix knowledge is needed for more advanced circuit analysis.

A great tool to use in understanding and designing electronic circuits is a Spice type circuit simulator. There are many versions available from different vendors. A good place to start is LTspice, which is free and fairly easy to use. It basically does the grunt work by solving the equations for the circuit currents and voltages many thousands of times to simulate the dynamic circuit operation over a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back