Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Masters project idea for 3 electronic engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could think of any proejct ideas for 3/4 electronic engineers to do as part of their masters. The project can be anything i would be greatful just to here your ideas.

thanks,
ed.

Do some brain storming. With 3 or 4 engineering students you should at least be able to come up with a direction if not a project.

A non creative engineer is sad. They are the source of the stupid engineer jokes told by creative technicians. Put you brain back in gear and dream a little.

It is truly sad or just plan lazy when an engineer can not think of a project.
I see it all the time, E students trawling the forums for a project and stealing someone elses idea and hard work to design something and then make a few cosmetic changes and call it their own work.

A lot of engineers should be called E-copy cats and not E-engineers at all, what is the trade becoming when all they do is log onto the net and steal an answer, any fool can do that, so we wont need E-engineers at all soon if that is their future approach.

I agree with 3V0.........use your own brain, and you might become a engineer above the rest.

I don't intend to steel someones work. I was only asking for suggestions. Most University projects are proposed by faculty members because it obvious to them that students have not yet reach a level of experience where they can make an informed project choice. I think it is unfair for you to call people stupid or lazy simply because they asked for help. I hope in the future you will be less judgemental.

I think their criticism is warranted in this case.

It's not as if you came to us asking for technical help with a project, which would be understandable. Instead, you're asking us to make up for what can only be called a lack of imagination on your part. I mean, to not even be able to decide what project you'd like to do? Wake up, man! Just look around you. Electronics is everywhere (and if your imagination is especially keen, you'll be able to see it even in those places it's not).

I also agree that you'll be a better engineer with your imagination engaged, instead of just being another 'bot.

If you read the replies, the meaning in them, you should notice the lament of the replis is on subject of lack of immagination.

You are going for a Masters. Pretty smart, but smart does not include immagination. At that level of education you should be able (especially with 3 or 4 (or was it 3/4 of an) engineer(s) to come up with some fabulous project!

My take, E

I don't intend to steel someones work. I was only asking for suggestions. Most University projects are proposed by faculty members because it obvious to them that students have not yet reach a level of experience where they can make an informed project choice. I think it is unfair for you to call people stupid or lazy simply because they asked for help. I hope in the future you will be less judgemental.

As I see it, a major part of the reason for doing a project is to see how YOU are at coming up with ideas, as you've already found it's not easy - but as others have suggested, with four of you it shouldn't be too hard to brainstorm something.

I would suggest you start by listing your individual interests, and see if you can come up with an idea based on one of those - you might also try another list that gives your capabilities - we get large numbers of students here who get a project accepted, and then find it's totally beyond their capabilities, if not completely impossible.

Or how about this approach: just start making a list, not even of specific electronic devices, but of categories of devices:

• timers
  • counters
  • speed controls
  • sensors
  • alarms
  • communications devices
  • computing devices
  • servo systems

just to name a few off the top of my head.

Then start getting more specific.

If your feelings are hurt now, wait until you present your first white paper to a room full of seasoned engineers; talk about judgmental! It can be very brutal on ones self-esteem. But that aside...

What are your interests and those of your team? What do YOU want learn? What does your team want to learn? How far are you and your team willing to challenge yourselves? Perhaps one can boil it do to how much time, blood, sweat and tears are you all willing to invest to become better engineers?

Have you thought of cross discipline projects? There is a universe of possibilities out there. As 3v0 has already said, get together and brain storm and narrow the list from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back