Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Master 89s52 send data to another 89s52

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

I want to be able to send data from one micro conroller to another one.

after inspecting datahseet, here are the options i have, what is the best?:

- Using the Mode 1 serial UART (by the way, one wire will be sufficient to establish a one way data transmission, right?)

- A software/interrupt based 2 wires interface, one wire for the data and one for the clock

Another litle question:

- Can connect the RESET pins on more that one uC together so that i can reset all the sustem with 1 button? anything wrong about that approach?

thanks

For the Reset pins , i think yea , cuz its just an RC Charging circuit , u've to let the the charging capacitor to discharge on the same button which connects the two uCs .

ikalogic said:

- Using the Mode 1 serial UART (by the way, one wire will be sufficient to establish a one way data transmission, right?)

- A software/interrupt based 2 wires interface, one wire for the data and one for the clock

Another litle question:

- Can connect the RESET pins on more that one uC together so that i can reset all the sustem with 1 button? anything wrong about that approach?

thanks
I think you should try both modes and pick the one you like best.

On the RESET question.
The 8051 has an active high reset which is designed to work with a capacitor to Vcc. Inside the chip is a pulldown resistor of approximately 8K ohms. If you connect two processor RESET pins together then those pulldown resistors will be in PARALLEL and they will change the timing of your RESET pulse. If you like living dangerously then by all means go ahead. If you prefer the more conservative approach then use a capacitor for each processor or better yet use a MA810LEUR RESET chip and connect the output to both processors.

8051 master/slave

ikalogic said:

thanks

there are many options. Perhaps you can find the answer you are looking for in this pdf file from Phillips. Source code is also included.

Good Luck

Attachments

• mstr_slave.pdf
    184.3 KB · Views: 661
For the reset pin, thanks guys, i was quite sure it wasn't good engineering to connect them directly, so, adding a capacitor for each uC will sove the RST issue, right?

now, for the data transmission, well i'm still not convinced to use the built-in serial Rx/Tx, i feel i'll have more control over the process if i program it myself..

thanks a lot for the document John, very interesting though! :)

ikalogic said:
For the reset pin, thanks guys, i was quite sure it wasn't good engineering to connect them directly, so, adding a capacitor for each uC will sove the RST issue, right?

now, for the data transmission, well i'm still not convinced to use the built-in serial Rx/Tx, i feel i'll have more control over the process if i program it myself..

thanks a lot for the document John, very interesting though! :)
I would start with the builtin hardware. Once you have investigated that mode of operation you will be in much better shape to do the software bit banging exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back