Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

marshall tsl602 sound breaks up at high volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anks

Ive got a mashal tsl 602 that the sound breaks up on when the volume is turned up. The valves have been changed and re-biased but the problem wont go away. From what I can workout it seems to be the power amp side of things but need to check that out more.

Im just wondering if there is a common fault with these amps that causes this issue.

Anks

I was hoping that it was a common problem but I suppose I could go into more depth. But I dont have a scope. The break up sounds more like its cutting out or becoming very quiet and the sound is rubbish. If you stop playing for a second full power is restored untill you play somthing again.

Oh those Marshalls are such garbage products. Send your headache to me and get yourself something really nice like a Univox or a TOA amp. ;)

Well dude i think i would check the stage coupling cap's to the output tubes to make sure there not leaky ,the ones that are connected to the control grid on the outputs, usually that problem will make the plates glow orange may not be the case. also check both sections of the driver tubes. example like a 12AX7 check B+ (plate voltages) as well. DON'T SHOCK YOUR SELF. just a couple of ideas. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back