Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marshall 3530 powering the pre amp section??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolasyalike

Hi all, this is my first post so I apologise in advance for any mistakes!!
I have an old Marshall 3530 IBS amp that suffers from cut outs, despite having the amp checked out by a "pro" it still is not reliable, so I have decided to remove the pre amp section and use this with another amp to get the sound that I like and hopefully the reliability.
The problem I have is working out the best way to power just the pre amp as I want to fit it in a smaller box so I don't have to lug around a great big amp when I'm just using the tiny pre amp pcb inside? I have a schematic from the Drtube website (drtube.com/schematics/marshall/3530pre.gif and drtube.com/schematics/marshall/3530psu.gif) (which shows that the preamp is supplied with AC from the bridge rectifier ( I assume at the same 63v as stated for the amp section) but dropped over a voltage drop resistor? then I think rectified to +/- 15v DC, so should I try to supply it with the 63v AC or just bypass that and connect +/-15v DC after the rectifier circuit? and whats the best way of doing this?? I was hoping to raid Maplins for the parts if possible?? and keep everything as compact as possible, being a bass player my gear is already twice the size of the other guys and I'm not as young as I used to be! Any help or advice would be great guys anything you can chip in would be gratefully received, Cheers Guys!!

Last edited:
Hi Nigel, Thanks for the speedy reply, any chance of a quick diagram for an amateur!! just to show how to wire the capacitors, Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back