Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Marking on a case, how to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello,

I made an stereo Amplifier circuit and put it in a ready black metallic case, Now I want to Write the function of any Switch/ Pot on the case. Any idea how to do it?

The attached is a sample amplifier I found in the net, Suppose I want to write the word "Volume" above my volume pot on the case (like the attached pic which seems that the company has done so for it). How to do so?

Attachments

• stereo-box.jpg
    stereo-box.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 175
Typically it is done by silkscreening. You may or may not be able to set something up like this yourself. It depends on a lot of factors (money, space, time for learning, quality needed, etc).

You might also look into the "float on" labels similar to what you see for plastic model kits.

Another option might be to have something cut from vinyl - but I am not sure how small and detailed that process can go. Look into vinyl sign and sticker makers.

Hi zesla,

you might want to try something like this: **broken link removed**

Here is an example. The letters are rubbed onto the surface.

Boncuk

Attachments

• 9011.jpg
    9011.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 150
I use a brother P-touch. Inexpensive, and you can get a variety of ribbons with clear, black, or white backgrounds, and different color letters. I trim down as close to the letters as possible with a X_Acto knife so there is no border. It looks clean, professional, and is SUPER INEXPENSIVE.

Hell, give me your name and address and Ill make you a bunch of stickers for you with the P-Touch, white on a black background.

Last edited:
These are really cool as well, I used this for years, back in the 80s when you used to be able to buy a sheet of this from Radio Shack. I also had boxes of Lettraset in a million of different styles and sizes. This is the second most pro way to go next to silkscreen...without the huge expense and mess.
Hi zesla,

you might want to try something like this: **broken link removed**

Here is an example. The letters are rubbed onto the surface.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back