Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

marantz 1a 2232 sb & sanyo dp42476

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohhowfun

Schematics for the amp and the plasma tv please.
the tv has samsung boards inside and the service manual doesn't cover these black box items: samsung s42ax-yd01 inverter board or "sus"

also looking for schems on mitsubishi vs-6034a projection tv
dell ps-5161-1d psu for dhp
dell inspiron 8600 laptop
canon ip3500 printer
toshiba 20a22 tv
ds13390 tv
compaq ipaq 3635
hobart m802 mixer
nikon coolpix 2000 camera
nokia 2128i cellphone
motorola tfc139bk8 cellphone
samsung sgh-a117 cellphone
motorola sjug3464da cellphone
zio zipdrive
thanks.

Schematics for the amp and the plasma tv please.
the tv has samsung boards inside and the service manual doesn't cover these black box items: samsung s42ax-yd01 inverter board or "sus"

That's because those boards are part of the PDP, not of the set - you can't normally get circuits or manuals for them, you're supposed to replace the entire PDP.

Wow.. and I thought I am the only one looking for something.. I have around 400kg of service manuals but.. none of these..

Regards,
xanadunow

A lot of the schematics you are looking for will not be made avaliable. they will be kept very much inhouse, have you tried a google search or via manufacturers websites? Karl.

Service Manuals..

are generally available only to "Service Agents" i.e. workshops assigned by the "producer" to service a particular region in a particular country. Some of companies do send them to service agents automatically as new models are being relised (and free of charge), some do the same for service agents (for free) but only on the "as required" basis.

If you are not a "service agent" for a that brand, they may still sell you the service manual but you have to be prepared to pay a hefty price that could be highier than the price you can charge to fix that piece of gear, so you need to consider the likelihood of having the same model in the workshop on your bench ever again - before you buy.

You may "try your luck" with the service agent in the area where you live, but knowing it is a "guarded information" to protect the income of that Service Agent.

xanadunow

Last edited:
Service Agent..

is the guy who does the warranty repair, so the company has the obligation to send him/her the Service Manual free of charge. It is easier for them to leave the service agent with the "problem", than to have a piece of gear shipped back to them and having to ship it to the customer following the repair or replacement.

xanadunow

Last edited:
Benefits of being the Service Agent..

is not in the amount of warranty repairs you get, the company does expect you to have the piece of gear fixed in well uder 2 hours max. The $ rate is flat and not interesting.

The benefit does come from the "endorsment" of that company and ability to advertise that you actually are the Service Agent for the brand or several others to bring in more repairs outside of warranty . Oh yes, two more - these Service Manuals you receive are yours free to keep and you may get some technical support if the person on the other end of the line can speak at least half-english, which is rarely the case :)

xanadunow

Last edited:
is the guy who does the warranty repair, so the company has the obligation to send him/her the Service Manual free of charge.

Dream on! :p

You have to pay Sony hundreds of pounds a year subscription for service manuals provided on DVD and online - not even paper ones, and they are also encrypted.

Dream on! :p

You have to pay Sony hundreds of pounds a year subscription for service manuals provided on DVD and online - not even paper ones, and they are also encrypted.

A large Hi-Fi shop that was selling a lot of Sony gear had also Service Agency but no workshop and I was doing all repairs for this shop in a span of over 12 years. This has ended when I retired from repairs in 1999. Until that time all "warranty" items Service Manuals were supplied "as needed" free of charge in the form of multipage booklets with detailed fold-out diagrams, parts lists etc. All "out of warranty" manuals were supplied at the nominal charge of around AUD $20-30.

Sharp and National that I was the Service Agent for, were sending all Service Manuals free of charge and progressively throughout the year as new models were relised. It was also handy when years later someone brought to the workshop a piece of gear I did not see before.

Teac and Audiosonic that I was the Service Agent for, did send them free of charge for anything new on "as needed" basis and sometime also for any surplus manuals they had on hand for out of warranty items.

Luxman,Maranz,Sansui and others I can not recall exactly but I was doing warranty repairs on these brands too via the shop mentioned earlier and I do not remember being charged for the ones I needed. It could be that buying power of the merchant earned him special privileges with Sony, Lux and others because he was a Power Seller moving a lot of gear through the shop and affiliated in a group of other shops out of town to increase the buying power even more.

It is also possible that Sony Aus and Sony UK have (or had) different arrangements with Sony Corporation in Japan. I don't know.

Food for thought: could association with a strong Sony merchant result in your free subscription to On-line Service Manuals?

xanadunow

Last edited:
A large Hi-Fi shop that was selling a lot of Sony gear had also Service Agency but no workshop and I was doing all repairs for this shop in a span of over 12 years. This has ended when I retired from repairs in 1999. Until that time all "warranty" items Service Manuals were supplied "as needed" free of charge in the form of multipage booklets with detailed fold-out diagrams, parts lists etc. All "out of warranty" manuals were supplied at the nominal charge of around AUD $20-30.

Sony manuals were free and on paper last century as well :D

Sharp and National that I was the Service Agent for, were sending all Service Manuals free of charge and progressively throughout the year as new models were relised. It was also handy when years later someone brought to the workshop a piece of gear I did not see before.

Again, both Sharp and Panasonic used to provide free paper manuals - but haven't since last century, but they are free to download (to account holders only).

Food for thought: could association with a strong Sony merchant result in your free subscription to On-line Service Manuals?

We're a top tier Sony dealer, we actually bully the sales rep into paying the subscription :p

What exactly does it mean Nigel? a turn of the century or a "condition"

you do have the need to cope with it? (I do not think..).. why do you think it was good for me to retire?

I do like your sharpness, knowlege, support .. having said that, I had no other help here, other than having to earn it myself with my 10 fingers only? (to suport the familly of three.. figure out yourself - it would not take long.. would you immigrate here Nigel?) and.. have a fresh "zero (no english) start"?)

I did cut my all "overheads (almost)" in 1999 to "0" maintaining better income and it went on from there, considering - which one to drop and which to continie with; for 10 years before and living it for another 10 thereafter and, the previous 10 years in parallel with my business.

It is not personal Nigel, just true statement..

CAE is much more to my defined learned "space" I am @, and was "born" to live to continue with, but it was just "pretty hard" (for me) to get there..

My english has improved since, not much else apart from my gratitude.. we have very fine company going here in AU, it is a significant wing of CAE in this region, and also - there is a wing of it there in the UK too - would you consider to join?

It is just about 10 years now with this company, it has been another 10 years earlier with Qantas (you know -the flying wing of the Oz airlines)..

Regards,
xanadunow

take care mate..

xanadunow

Keep on bullying the Sales Reps Nigel..

They must "give-in" or cope with the problems (this has happened before and as I see,will happen again :))

xanadunow

Being with Teac for about 10 years with no complains, Teac did refuse my Service Agent status because it had decided to go more global, drop the regional centres - to establish; mainly State-wide centres in all states and the "Major" cities within the state; my city was not on the list.. After 12 month following their decision they did send me a very polite letter (like the one announcing their refusal) to re-join the list of their service agents. I did refuse..

xanadunow

(retro of 100 years is only the state of mind) .. see signature :)

Last edited:
The wheel

The wheel, only does re-inwent itself Nigel..

xanadunow

Last edited:
Apart from copying the old "last centuary" echoes Nigel..

you do confine yourself now to replace "modules" and not the individual components - to earn your keep as I did for the components - for the living.. (very much a dying art now).

In the days I remember - I had to find the component or few of them, to replace to cover the repair cost versus the price of the item and (hopefully) - my time - to satisfy the customer versus the price of the item and the number of repairs on my shelf.. Did anything change since?.

You are confronted (now) with the price of the module versus the price of your abilitty to detect it versus price of the item. Somehow, I do not think you are in any better position (summarising it) now - even know, the initial price of the item may be 3fold better.. It was 10 years ago and it was more than 10 years since I saw this trend becoming.. And now, 10 years since my decission - can you see why?

After all.. it always will be the price the client is willing to pay versus your labour/parts .. and your honesty versus the ability to charge..

gtg.. cat just jumped on my lap :)

xanadunow

Last edited:
And..

if you do miss a single component outside the "module" - you do not do it better than I did - with the whole unit..

xnadunow

Another humour part to it is..

that my (ex-now) awaken me some years before my retirement from repairs, (me trying to catch another 15 minutes of sleep after retiring to bed at 4AM), by answering the phone precisely at 9AM.. and.. after repeating loudly some "symptoms" from the client.. excitedly said: "yes, I know exactly what it is".." I did spring out of bed. This was another turning point in my life.. I do sleep better now :)..

It does not however beat my friends wife point of view.. Them; travelling together in one car.. my friend got pretty voicely annoyed with a car in front traveling some 20kms/h bellow the speed limit on a beautifull day. His wife did make a meaningfull statemet: ".. What is your problem? He is faster,.. he is in front of you!" .. My friend did retire to the side of the road soon after - to recover.. (and let some steam off) :)

xanadunow

Last edited:
you do confine yourself now to replace "modules" and not the individual components - to earn your keep as I did for the components - for the living.. (very much a dying art now).

No, warranty repairs have to be made to component level, we're not allowed to replace modules except under special circumstances, where you also have to get permission first (and prove the need for it).

subassy thingo..

No, warranty repairs have to be made to component level, we're not allowed to replace modules except under special circumstances, (.. etc ..) quote]

I thought you did say in some other thread that with "plazma's" this is what you do..

But you are not required to return the faulty assemblies back - are you?

This opens the world to the "out of warranty" repairs... it may not be the case now - but it was the case before.. (the hard part is - you do not always have the diagrams for the sub-assemblies .. so you do need to make reasonable and fast assumptions from the info (in the service manual or your head).

This repair world - I am sure you know - is not easy..

I have a CRT here from the old days; it had all the indications of being faulty but it wasn't .. I did make the manufaturer to send me the new replacement but I was not required to send the other one back. Then I did find the real cause.. you need to compare the susspected "bad" with the known "good" sometimes. I did not smash it yet.. it just occupies my space.. but still do feel bad about it.. I have replaced a good pic tube under warranty with another new tube - then have discovered I was wrong (this is the right I am trying to defend); the same TV carrying this particular type of picture tube never came my way again.. pity.. I could recover at least some hours of finding the real problem after I did receive and fitted the new picture tube.

On another ocassion I did replace the whole motherboard of a TV - it did fix the problem.. I have used many parts from it on other repairs. (must be the brand and model wasn't the best because many of these faults were not "common"). Some saving here but no need to order new parts and again, no need to return the faulty module back "home".

Clue here is that the manufacturer can produce these moduls in thousands and send one to you - cheaper than it takes them to pay for the return postage for the u/s item, so they do not want it back and this is - a "part-ial" win :) (the double postage amounts to more than the the single + the manufacture price) and there is a considerable overhead in administration to process/check - only to trash it in the end.. they do assume that you will or have dispossed of it..

Also, those common faults are a "saver" to the revenue - aren't they.

A Sony tv with an irregular "bloob" (ink like blob splashed from a pen) somwhere on the screen that stays mostly stationary - took me no less than 10 hours. OK - 4 days (the truth is out :eek:).. not 10 hours - to figure out. It was just a bipolar cap.. 1uF/35V?. I did charge the custommer a penny for my effort (I know; he and no one else would pay me for these 4 days of labour); then I have received a string of "calls" in the next few years to the same problem on the same model with the identical symptom.. I just went out there with the soldering iron and the supply of bipolar caps and have got my money back and, never missed the bit on this one again.. If I was wrong, I'd take the tv back to the workshop.. I never was - on these.

"Common faults" - many manufacturers send them to you to cover for imperfections discovered "post" the manufacturing stage free of charge to Service Agents - (ofcourse) and - fearing another contradiction: trade people.. well, do have the list of "common faults" and sometime do share that "black book" with larger population of the trade. Truth is, here you have to pay for this knowledge; but it may save you hours of chasing the symptom on a particular model number and bring you (the serviceman) the result you want. Another words; if you have applied the common rules of: "..it is either the PSU, the output, or the input.. and the common sense" --> do follow the "common faults" book. The name of the game is the efficiency or you are in the wrong bussiness.

Alternatively, do apply your "science" to trace the fault from the scratch and possibly - go out of bussiness. It is after all - your time and "repairs" are pilling up on your shelf.

..as the hands of the clock, so are the days of our.. repair bussiness - full of pitfalls, "bad" and "good" ones.

Sounds like the slogan from "days of our lives" (haha). I have seen many of these episodes, watching it in the mirror of my workshop bench adjusting the convergence. Then I did lost the touch.. Tvs just simply got better, only H and V and Linearity remained and the "neck board" and ofcourse the HOT adjustments.. not that much anymore :)

xanadunow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back