Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manual Selection of PC HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron

Thanks for the info.
I never gave the driver issue any thought, so used to the USB type of connection. I have just reloaded the XP OS onto the Celerion PC along with XP SP2 plus my Alarm System software and those function are back on line again.
As regards NT and SATA connections you have highlighted another problem that I might come accross. Never rains but it pours or so they say. I have just searched on Ebay and found that there are plenty of SATA to IDE convertors available at a price much cheaper (± $3-4 including postage to RSA)than a new SATA HD. I have actually just got the SATA Motherboard out in front of me, it is an ASUS P5GC-MX that my son didn,t for some reason. Looking at it I realise that it has a a single ide connection (PRI_IDE) as well as 4 SATA connections and also a floopy connection. As you say there should be no problem getting drivers and manual from their web site. It's a long weekend here this weekend so I will try and set the board up on the bench to check it out before I start changing MB's.

SPDCHK

I would be interested in any info you can give. Although it may be a very antiquated method and very much superseded by normal Dual Booting I would still like to try the process if only to satisfied that it cannot be done.

Gareth

Let us know how things go. The Asus ASUS P5GC-MX should support Windows 2K and Windows XP. Get the manual from Asus and see about the installs.

Ron

SPDCHK

I would be interested in any info you can give. Although it may be a very antiquated method and very much superseded by normal Dual Booting I would still like to try the process if only to satisfied that it cannot be done.

As I mentioned before, this worked for the older OS software packages. I have not tried it since Windows XP came on the market

Attachments

• MultiBoot.txt
    785 bytes · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back