Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making PCBs without an inkjet printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i just have to go to albany for a good radio$hack. and i have to go to a corvette show this weekend but i really want to make this.

if i was to do the toner transfer method could i use like basic glossy photo paper

Sorry I came so late, to the party! :D

This is a useful page (started by Sparkfun,) which includes tutorial links and libraries, and projects done with EAGLE.

**broken link removed**

Hope it is helpful.

Edit: If you scroll to the bottom, and click on Further Reading: techniques, you will find a lot of good info on home making PCB and other things.

Last edited:
Sorry I came so late, to the party! :D

This is a useful page (started by Sparkfun,) which includes tutorial links and libraries, and projects done with EAGLE.

**broken link removed**

Hope it is helpful.

Edit: If you scroll to the bottom, and click on Further Reading: techniques, you will find a lot of good info on home making PCB and other things.

yeah cool site i just have not been on the computer a lot and i dont think i will be on for a while. i am going to shave my head tommarow for my friend who has cancer

Relating to etchants, I'm very pleased with muriatic acid + hydrogen peroxide, as many of the sites referred to earlier, describe. Dirt cheap, excellent etch, transparent (greenish) while etching and faster than ferric chloride.

Muriatic acid is available at hardware stores for cleaning concrete and stone. It's a stock 28% sulphuric acid, add twice the volume of drugstore hydrogen peroxide (3%) before etching. Mix only what you need at the time.

You can deplete the waste etchant with some chunks of scrap copper (leave in for a day or so) and then neutralize with baking soda before disposing.

I've gotten a big improvement in my laser toner bonding by pre-etching the copper board with a weak solution of same before ironing on the toner image.
Just etching the board enough to turn it a matte, deep copper color from shiny bright. I believe it gives the board a sort of "micro-tooth" to adhere to.

Naturally, be careful with the etchant, it is acid. Good luck.

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back