Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making led strips blink to sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_edmund

Hi All,

I am a newbie to electronics... been trying to build and learn.

Here is my idea/ question/ problem:
I recently purchased 7 meters (5m + 2m) of led strip (blue color) which works on 220v.

The strip came with a seperate wall plug which was a 2 pronged for the Indian subcontinent. (no earthing provision in the prongs)

There were no remotes or controllers or processors etc. just the wall plug (like a wall wart but no step down transformers were used here).

The strip itself had the resistors and leds no controllers here either.

Now coming to the idea:

I want to make these strips blink to music using a electret microphone.

I had previously built one using
leds-blink-to-sounds-png.58438

which was drawn by audioguru.

I really liked it.!

[B]Thanks to audioguru for it. :D[/B]

(oh btw Audioguru... i was able to make 10+ 3*(10x8) LEDS blink and react to sound using ur design thank u for that amazing work a big thumbs to u!)

Now i wanna make something that makes these strips behave exactly like the leds behaved for audioguru's circuit.

What materials do i need?

May i get a complete B.O.M and a circuit diagram like above?

I understand i am gonna be working with high voltages and i am taking all precautions possible..

Could you guys help me out?

Please do keep in mind im a NOOB..! (sorry if u might find the caps offensive was just trying to stress on it).

It is very dangerous to connect the high voltage LED strips to an audio circuit. Do not do it.

There are commercial products that do what you want. For example:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back