Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making an Electric Door Lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raziiq

Hi there.

I have just completed my first electric project, thanks to all guys here, you people helped me alot, thank you :)

Now i am upto my next project, An Electric Door Lock.

I have got this door lock.

**broken link removed**

I want to connect this to my Microcontroller(Arduino in this case). Whenever i pass the 5V from Arduino the door should open and should remain unlock when voltage is not applied.

I can do the arduino part, no worries and i can understand that i need a transistor inbetween Arduino and Door Lock but how to make that door wedge (The Gray bar in the lock as shown in the Pic) to operate when applying voltage. I am not getting an idea on how to do this.

Suggestions please?

That is just a standard door lock. It has no electric actuator.

So you have a choice of doing major mechanical work to that doolock and adding some actuator to it, of just buying an "electric door strike" which has everything you need.

With the electric door strikes most of them need to have power continually applied for the strike to remain constantly unlocked. They are often around 12v 1 amp so allow for needing a large hot power supply to keep your door unlocked all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back