Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making abt complicated switch circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dericknabo

good day to all, im bit in a middle of situation were i cant find a solution in my problem, could somebody help me with my simple project yet complicated for a newbe in circuitry. im planning to make a switch the concept is this:

l12volts as the main supply and i need to supply 5 different gadgets in a time using 5 switches. for example switch A-for the 1st gadget, B-for the second gadget, C for the third and so on.. my problem is how can i make a circuit that when a switch on the switch A, the rest of the switches turn off, and when another switch is turn on the rest would be automatically switch of leaving a single gadget is being supplied.

can anybody help me with this, plsssssssssss any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

You don't mention gadget current? You want to switch 12 Volts DC at what current? There are simple rotary switches for low current or you can get fancy with electronic switching methods.

Ron

dericknabo,

The term for that device/function is "radio buttons". Here are a couple of expandable set-reset flip flop circuits that would perform this function. Also, could be done with a suitable microcontroller.

But, Ron's rotary switch is the simplest.

Ken

Attachments

• 1of3 Toggle CD4001.gif
    1of3 Toggle CD4001.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 1of4 Toggle 2.gif
    1of4 Toggle 2.gif
    45.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
thank you all sir. I was so grateful of your replies.
i just wanted to clarify my main supply to my posted problem. it was 5volts as its main supply not 12volts, with 10 switches with corresponding 10 outputs with 5volts each. In your diagram sir id like to ask where could i connect the main supply of the 10 switches and were is the output that i can connect to my gadget.

thank you very much sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back