Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

making a servo system.....how do i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brians04hemi

i'm attempting to put together a system that will rotate the servo motor back and forth to a postion in relation to the position of a manually operated position switch of some sort. i'm very new at this type of "quest" so i have no clue. thanks for any assistance.

Last edited:
Hi.

Your description is too general. The concept about distance to a predefined position is a very general description of a servo system.

Maybee if you describe what you plan to build, I may be able to help.

If you are using an off-the-shelf servo as used in R/C models then your manual control gubbins just needs to send pulses to the servo at a rate of ~ 40 per sec. The pulse width is in the range 1ms - 2ms and controls the angular position of the servo output shaft.

"Your description is too general. The concept about distance to a predefined position is a very general description of a servo system."

this is basically similar to pushing a clutch pedal in a manual shift car. the servo motor would only need to travel back and forth within a range between not depressing the pedal at all and fully depressing the pedal according to how far the position control switch is depressed. as i depress the position control switch the motor moves to a corresponding position. after doing a lot of research i discovered they do make a set up like that for handicapped driving controls. its called a digital accelerator ring. if you get a moment take a look at this sight **broken link removed** its alittle fancier than what i would need but very similiar. please don't think this is for a vehicle. there are no safety issues involved so please dont let these references cause any concern. they are simply the most descriptive references to show what im trying to accomplish.
thanx

hi grossel,

i replied to your responce. i posted a reply to my original post instead of tagging reply at the bottom of your responce. doing my best to multitask. i seem to be losing that battle

Here's a drawing that is a very simplified model of a basic servo:

Attachments

• Servoo.png
    Servoo.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 272
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back