Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a light dimmer (triacs) with 110v instead of 220v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ostef

Hi everyone, well my doubt is the next one, I was searching for a simple project I could make with triacs and I found this one.

**broken link removed**

Well the diagram says it will work with a 220v AC , but in my house the electrical connection is of 110v, my main doubt is will this work with the previous diagram, or will I need to make any modifications in it?

Thanks a lot guys, any comment is appreciated.

Should be ok as is. C1 and C2 values presumably are in pF, i.e. C1 = 47000pF =47nF and C2 = 100000pF = 100nF.

I found a somewhat similar circuit with the following diagram for 117 VAC, I just found out that in my house the voltage is 127VAC, will it be ok to implement it? or still would I need to modify it?

**broken link removed**

Couldn't find data for the 40502 triac. May be obsolete? If so you could use a BT136, BTA06_600TWRG, 2N6075BG etc instead. The other components are fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back