Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a doorbell sound???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey,

how would i make the sound of a doorbell???, i'm using a microcontroller, would programming the microcontroller be the way to make the traditional *ding dong* sound?

thx :wink:

rancid rock said:
hey,

how would i make the sound of a doorbell???, i'm using a microcontroller, would programming the microcontroller be the way to make the traditional *ding dong* sound?

a *ding dong* sound is a combination of many modulated freq:(harmonics) it may be difficult to replroduce it with a simple micro.

would the traditional *buzzzzzzzzz* be easier?, like that buzz when you open the door through the intercomm from inside your home?

The easyest way to make that ding dong is useing an MCU playing back an recording that its stored in its memory

ok thx, but what sound would i be able to get with a simple and as small as possible speaker?

rancid rock said:
hey,

There is a new sine wave generator chip from MSI, controlled by SPI buss, thus easily interfaced with microcontrollers and Basic Stamps, etc. It is an 8-pin SOIC.

Part number is MSLOSC. Check it out at:

www.mix-sig.com

It will easily generate the tones you require, but achieving the "soft" gong sound is a little trickier. I am currently experimenting with this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back