Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a dc circuit for hair removal by Electrolysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagstrom

trying to build a cheaper version of something like:
**broken link removed**

In simple terms what device do I need to provide a variable dc current at around 1-3mA. The current must be continous given a changing resistance in the circuit.

Should I be looking at MASTECH HY1803D or simular perhaps smaller power supply?

Last edited:
1) According to Wikipedia the maximum current is ~ 3mA. At higher currents a patient may experience pain.
2) For safety reasons a battery should be used instead of a mains-powered DC supply.
3) Depending on skin resistance and electrode construction/positioning, 9V may be insufficient to give a 3mA current.

Embalming fluid works great for hair removal it will never grow back. There is a product you can buy called Living Splender it is a mixture of formaldehyde and methanol. Rub it on and let it dry no hair will grow there again, ever. If you have real formaldehyde a few drops speared over your whole arm will do the job.

it is a mixture of formaldehyde and methanol. Rub it on and let it dry no hair will grow there again, ever. .

I guess hair doesn't like growing on cancerous skin tissue

What you need is basically a current source that has a voltage cap.

The easiest way to approximate a current source is to start with a high voltage fed through a high value resistor. You can cap the voltage at a desired level with some type of voltage clamp, like a zener diode or transistor shunt equivalent depend on the cap voltage and how much current it must shunt.

I don't know how much resistance a hair has but I would bet you need a relative high voltage to accomplish the 3 mA to toast the hair folicle. Maybe something like over 100 vdc. Polarity maybe important.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrology
https://www.tsroadmap.com/physical/hair/zapdiy.html

Last edited:
Why don't you try an LM334, a resistor sized for 3 mA and up to 3 9V batteries in series with titanium tweezers. You'll probably have to make the electrical contact mechanically such as Silver epoxy and cover with with Kapton Tape. The latter only if it works.

Next you would need a source of Silver Chloride. That doesn't appear to be cheap either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back