Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maker Bot / RepRap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a weekend project. Vary time consuming. What are you going to make with it? You would have to have a good reasoin for making this, not just "I what one" Andy

Actually, that's exactly why I would build it. I don't think desktop 3D printing technology is at the point where you do it in order to make a specific item because it's easier, cheaper, or more practical. You build one of these things to learn about it and have fun tinkering. I think these are like early home computers: not immensely practical, but with amazing possibilities.

Ok its more of a hobby than the weekend project. Luckly it is a vary well supported OPEN project. You will need to read thare forms for a few days and than you can have some fun. The heating element is not that big maybe 100 watts or so and not that bad on power. You can always start off with frosting or somthing eles that dose not need to be heated while you test the movments and software. Andy

Ah cool. I guess 100W isn't too bad. Yes, I think the RepRap is conceptually more interesting, but it seems to have a 'rep' for flimsiness. Hopefully that will get corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back