Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maison Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie-Ann

Hello everyone, only a few weeks ago I bought a Maison microwave from Aldi, all was good until this morning when the microwave simply doesn't stop and keeps going even after I opened the door and took the food out / I also did switch the power off / and also preset the programme - notning works and the microwave keeps happily going. Can anyone advise on what to do, please
Thank You, Marie-Ann

Last edited:
Take it back to Aldi and tell them what the problem is and ask for your money back.

A microwave oven which does not switch off is a dangerous thing.

JimB

Very =\ I'm surprised you didn't end up with unpleasant warming in your hands. Definitly take the unit back, I'm not sure why you would look for a solution online rather than take it back to the store when it's been purchased so recently.

Very =\ I'm surprised you didn't end up with unpleasant warming in your hands. Definitly take the unit back, I'm not sure why you would look for a solution online rather than take it back to the store when it's been purchased so recently.

It certainly wouldn't still be cooking with the door open, there are far too many safety interlocks - all that will be happening is the turntable is going round, and the bulb is on. It's a fairly common fault on microwaves, sometimes caused by something as simple as a particular fuse having blown.

Essentially, instead of the bulb and motor been in parallel, because of the fault they are now in series - it's quite strange how it occurs over a wide range of different ovens.

But as already suggested, simply take it back to Aldi, who will replace it or refund the price.

Thanks for the info Nigel, never knew a microwave could fail in that manner, though it makes sense.

Maisom Microwave

Thank you to you ALL replying. Yes, of course I am taking it back but prior to that was thinking that I could potentially fix it by pressing a magic button. No worries, and thank you once again for your participation
Marie-Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back