Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mains hum problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou very much for your help Hero.
The noise has already got low many times by using shielded cables and putting a sheet of foil, insulated by cardboard under the pcb.
The next time I make a pcb, I will surely consider your advices.:)

thanks.

Here's my pcb art work
**broken link removed**
Mr Gupta,
please put 0.01uF disc capacitors, one across each diode in the bridge rectifier circuit and the hum would disappear. All the best.

Last edited:
and putting a sheet of foil, insulated by cardboard under the pcb.

In my case I'm using aluminum foil connected to my ground, and paper sticker to fix it in the floor of my box where I put my circuit. it is doing fine.

once power supply is conditioned with the caps i suggested
no need perhaps for all those shielding

once power supply is conditioned with the caps i suggested
no need perhaps for all those shielding

Looks great, if I have time I'll try on my poor circuits. By the way, is that 103 or 104 caps ?

Thanks

Thankyou very much for your help Hero.
The noise has already got low many times by using shielded cables and putting a sheet of foil, insulated by cardboard under the pcb.
The next time I make a pcb, I will surely consider your advices.:)
Yes, that will work.

The foil should also be connected to 0V, for optimum shielding.

yes, I forgot to mention, I have grounded the foil as well. Thanks.

Mr Gupta,
please put 0.01uF disc capacitors, one across each diode in the bridge rectifier circuit and the hum would disappear. All the best.
Thanks. I also have seen the caps put across the rectifier in the supply os a cd player I ripped apart.
Please tell me how does it work? Doesn't the ac signal get into the dc supply through the caps?
Please explain me, just for knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back