Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Main suppression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Would like to ask for some assistance with relay suppressors on 230v mains.

I'm controlling several different types of loads, such as heating elements up to 4 Amp, lighting, water solendiod valves, perri pumps, water pumps etc.

I've seen many suppressors fitted to various devices but it seems that ideally each suppressor circuit should be 'tuned' to each device.

However there seems little out there to help decide which type of component and what value to use.

Trying my own thing, I found that using a standard RC 'contact' suppressor on the little perri pump causes it to flutter when the relay is switched off.

With so many modern devices on the market just wondered if any othe these would be a better way, and if so which ?

thanks

Wp

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back