Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mAh Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

silegnav

I have a C02 monitor which works with 4 AA Alkaline (80 hours). The power requirement is 160mA Peak, 15mA from 6V.

I have fully charged 4 AA rechargeable batteries with 2100mAh each. When I insert the batteries, the device's screen comes to life but after 2 seconds the screen goes off apart the battery indicator indicating no power in the batteries.

I am confused?? :confused:

Or modify it to run on FIVE NiMh rechargables.

You might try NiZn rechargable batteries. Their output is 1.6V.

If these batteries are 2500 mwh batteries, does mean they are 1562 mah batteries?
I know you're not supposed to mix batteries but you could run 3 ZiNc batteries and 1 NiMh to get 6.0 Volts, I wonder what that would do! Probably work great for 100 hours?
Kinarfi

Last edited:
How can I do that?

It is a Mechanical Problem, not an Electrical Problem :D

The problem is not of battery capacity, it is that the terminal voltage of the rechargable batteries is much lower than that of primary Alkaline batteries. The low-voltage detector inside the detector goes off much before the rechargables are used up. You need to satisfy the internal low-voltage detector by raising the battery voltage.

How about power it from a small external 6V Sealed Lead Acid battery like this.

bad idea, one or three battery will over discharge

What is a bad idea? All the suggestions so far have been to increase the number of identical cells.

If these batteries are 2500 mwh batteries, does mean they are 1562 mah batteries?
I know you're not supposed to mix batteries but you could run 3 ZiNc batteries and 1 NiMh to get 6.0 Volts, I wonder what that would do! Probably work great for 100 hours?
Kinarfi
sorry i forgot the quote
bad idea, one or three battery will over discharge if using a mix of nimh and zinc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back