Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

magnetic reader 16f84 with external eeprom 24c256

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan

Hello everybody

I have been working on this project for quite a while now and I am stuck on the programming part of the PIC 16F84 microcontroller. What I want to do is to collect data from a F2F decoder (magnetic data decoder) with the help of a PIC 16F84 and to store it on the external EEPROM 24C256. I also have to programme the PIC to write in the external memory 24C256 the time (like a timer) for each data entry (for each card swipe).
I am trying to programme the PIC in MPLAB. Please help me to create the right source code (.ASM).
Many thanks

In order to create source code we would need a schematic diagram of the hardware setup and a datasheet on the F2F decoder. It might be handy to know if the 16F84 has enough RAM to buffer the incoming frame and how long it will take to write the data to the EEPROM. Also have you figured out how to get the data out of the EEPROM?

There was a guy from Ottawa, CA
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=4555
that was asking for someone to work on a very similar project. You're not working for him and asking for help already. Are you? If so I am LMAO

Last edited:
Hi there

THank you for answering back. I have no connection with the guy from Ottawa. As requested I have attached the diagrame of the electronic circuit I am curently working on. This is the link for the F2F decoder Magtek 21006516 I am using.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/02/magtek6516.pdf

THank you greatly in advance for all your help.
Kind regards
Jordan

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    786.6 KB · Views: 4,007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back