Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic operated switch project, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scot-Tim

I am creating a way of accessing music playlists through magnetically operated switchs. I want these switchs to sit behind a thin piece of glass, and be activated when a magnet is placed onto the glass infront.

I am a beginner in electronics but this is for my final year project in my honours degree in design. Can anyone tell me the best type of switch to make this possible? I thought solenoids or relay switchs or something could be used this way, but i keep getting stumped when i do research.

ANY help would be great, thanks. I'll keep a log of my project in this thread.

I am creating a way of accessing music playlists through magnetically operated switchs. I want these switchs to sit behind a thin piece of glass, and be activated when a magnet is placed onto the glass infront.

I am a beginner in electronics but this is for my final year project in my honours degree in design. Can anyone tell me the best type of switch to make this possible? I thought solenoids or relay switchs or something could be used this way, but i keep getting stumped when i do research.

ANY help would be great, thanks. I'll keep a log of my project in this thread.

Reed switch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the smallest available is 1.4x5.4mm, max current 10mA, function: closing. For more info check out MEDER, Germany.

Attachments

• REED.jpg
    REED.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back