Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechDope

Hi,

I'm a beginner in the electronics field and as my 1st project I'm required to build a magnetic levitation project within a time frame of 3weeks.

Basically I have no idea how a magnetic levitation circuit is suppose to work... I have seen other people's project on the web but it did not really help me:( because I'm suppose to design a levitation circuit...

Hope someone can help guide me please...:eek:

Hi TechDope!

It would be helpful if you could explain your project a little, Im not exactly sure what a "magnetic levitation project" in your case is.

The concept of mag lev is pretty simple, its a permanent magnet interacting with an electromagnet. This interaction both provides lift and acceleration. Im sure if you search "Mag-lev trains" you will find more information that you will ever need. Ive even seen a 3D tutorial on the science behind the technology. Without any other information thats the best I can do however.

Yes Johnny!!

Its is a maglev, I understand the concept of how the maglev work but we are actually suppose to build a feeedback circuit which is suppose to interact between a hall effect sensor and a voltage amplier circuit.

I have completed the voltage amplifier circuit, but the problem I have is the feed back circuit which is suppose to be consist of a micro-controller telling the voltage amplifer to increase or decrease the voltage based on the distance of a magnet and the hall effect sensor...

Voltage amplifier circuit was easy coz details can be located through out the web, but I cant find anything relating to feed back circuit that works as stated above...

Hope u get what I mean... Thanks in advance!!

You would need a PID controller to make this stable. Have a read of **broken link removed**.

Mike.

Thanks JohnnyΩ didn't bump into that article before. That article really helped alot!!

Pommie thanks for the heads up!! Will look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back