Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic levitation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

patcheco

Hi guys;

I am having a project for my final year. It involves the development of a system for demonstrating how the vertical position of a metalic object can be controlled in a magnetic field. Briefly a " ball magnetic levitation project". According to my supervisor, I will need to refer on someone work and amend it to have something of my own.
I am desperate. Can someone help?

Thanks

There are two approaches, the Japanese and the German. The Japanese method floats the car over a similar polarity field (N to N or S to S). The German method places opposite polarity magnet mounted to the car under the track supported magnet. Of the two, the German method is the more difficult to implement since it is not stable and has to have a processor in a feedback control loop to maintain the desired float altitude. Its advantage is that it can easily include linier motor action in the design. Siemens is the lead in the German system and has a demonstration system in operation. I have no idea about how much information on the exact workings of their system they may be willing to divulge to a student.

Hi guys;

I am a student and I am having a project for my final year. It involves the development of a system for demonstrating how the vertical position of a metalic object can be controlled in a magnetic field. Briefly a " ball magnetic levitation project". According to my supervisor, I will need to refer on someone work and amend it to have something of my own.
I am desperate. Can someone help?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back