Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic intensity transmitter + magnetic intensity sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pic2006

Hi friends , I am new to the forum , I have a good hardware+ software background, and I have done many project using microntrollers.

I have some questions and I wish you here guide me to the best solutiob before I start .

Problem : I have to design a magnatic intensity tranmiter( magnit) and a detector circuit. The aim of this is to be used in a robot , the robot will be inside a pipe and from out side the pipe we would be able to give the robot position to stop .

I have some ideas how to start but I dont know if I am in the right direction .
For the transmiter , I am going to design a seliniod with DC volt , but I have lack of information how to design the selinoid, or if there is better solution . and should I feed the seliniod with DC voltage ?

for the detect circuit , I am going to select one of the linear guess sensors.

note that the distance between the transmitter and reciever can be up to 1 meter .

please any suggestions would be helpful .

Thank you

A solenoid is a good idea.

Idea 1.
Use a magnet and a 2 or 3 axis detector.
North points down the pipe = go.
North points back up the pipe = reverse.
North points up = ?
North points down = ??
No magnet = stop

Idea 2.
Run AC through the solenoid. Build a receiver that only detects that frequency. Stay away from 50/60 hz. You can modulate the amplitude or frequency to send commands to the robot.

A few questions about your project, what is the pipe made from ? What positional accuracy are you needing ? What distance down the pipe will your robot be ?

Thank you for reply ,

The pipe made up from IRON , and it size mat change , the robot abd magnetic reciever will be inside the pipe and the transmitter will be out. the max. distance between them is 1 m .

Thank you again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back