Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnavox/Phillips HeadStart 300 manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I picked up a Magnavox/Phillips HeadStart 300 for one dollar at a garage sale. Does anyone know where i could find any information on it (manuals, pinouts, etc)

All i know about it is that it is a 286 and runs at 12.5MHz. It does work, but since the hard drive that was in it (size is unknown, but i know that it is less than 100MB...) was dead, and the 3.5" floppy didn't work (and i didn't have a bootable 5.25 disk [yes, it had one of them, too]), i couldn't boot to an OS.

I did find this site; https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/P/PHILIPS-CONSUMER-ELECTRONICS-CO-286-HEADSTART-SERI.html but that is not nearly enough information for me.

Any info would be helpful! ;)

Headstart Manuals / Quick Start Guide

Hello,
I realize you posted for information on the HS300 over a year ago, but if you haven't lost interest, I have exactly what you need. I have all the original manuals (and there are several) including the Quick Start Guide. I also have a 300 machine which is complete. I haven't powered it up in years, it's part of my vintage PC Collection which I am now selling. I have Apple II (2), Tandy 1000 (complete and working), IBM X86: most likely a 286 or 386 ... I don't remember and more stuff.

I saw your post while surfing for other stuff. If you or anyone you know would be interested in any of this equipment, you can contact me through Craigs List. I am in Tennessee but will ship to buyer for actual shipping (buyers choice) plus a modest handling fee to cover packaging materials. I'm moving and can't take these things with me. I have monitors, Keyboards, network and sound cards - old school/new school etc. Contact me if you need anything, I may have it.

Here's the Craigs List info:

**broken link removed**

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back