Magnavox/Phillips HeadStart 300 manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I picked up a Magnavox/Phillips HeadStart 300 for one dollar at a garage sale. Does anyone know where i could find any information on it (manuals, pinouts, etc)

All i know about it is that it is a 286 and runs at 12.5MHz. It does work, but since the hard drive that was in it (size is unknown, but i know that it is less than 100MB...) was dead, and the 3.5" floppy didn't work (and i didn't have a bootable 5.25 disk [yes, it had one of them, too]), i couldn't boot to an OS.

I did find this site; https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/P/PHILIPS-CONSUMER-ELECTRONICS-CO-286-HEADSTART-SERI.html but that is not nearly enough information for me.

Any info would be helpful!

Headstart Manuals / Quick Start Guide

Hello,
I realize you posted for information on the HS300 over a year ago, but if you haven't lost interest, I have exactly what you need. I have all the original manuals (and there are several) including the Quick Start Guide. I also have a 300 machine which is complete. I haven't powered it up in years, it's part of my vintage PC Collection which I am now selling. I have Apple II (2), Tandy 1000 (complete and working), IBM X86: most likely a 286 or 386 ... I don't remember and more stuff.

I saw your post while surfing for other stuff. If you or anyone you know would be interested in any of this equipment, you can contact me through Craigs List. I am in Tennessee but will ship to buyer for actual shipping (buyers choice) plus a modest handling fee to cover packaging materials. I'm moving and can't take these things with me. I have monitors, Keyboards, network and sound cards - old school/new school etc. Contact me if you need anything, I may have it.

Here's the Craigs List info:

**broken link removed**

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…