Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magenn Power air rotor system

Status
Not open for further replies.

philba

**broken link removed**

this is a very interesting product - tetherable, inflatable generator blimp (for lack of a better word). It solves several problems - wind flow obstructions (and the cost of a tower), noise and wildlife concerns.

One very nice aspect of this is that they can be deployed rather quickly so I could see them used in disaster areas or for other temporary needs.

The negatives I see are that cabling for the tether and supply are going to be heavy and costly. Also, there will be local governments that won't want a bunch of balloons in the sky. Liability from crashes might be an issue as well. I didn't see any info on the max wind speed.

https://www.magenn.com/

How about lightning, or even just the general high voltages that can be created by wind blowing aross something that large. It's innovative, but I honestly can't think of a single situation where it would be better or cheaper to do it that way as opposed to useing and emergency generator or some ground based portable generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back