Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAF remapping (not sure on this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareeb

im looking for a way to take a small input voltage like 5v and smaller and have the voltage control like 5 different outputs so that when lets say that its like .01v its at the first output till it gets to like 1v then anything over would go to the second output and so on, also for the outputs it needs to channel one input and transfer it when it needs to to the other outputs, make sense? lol

thanks

Trying to make sense of this,

If 0.1<input<0.99
Then Output1 = x
If 1<input<1.99
Then Output2 = x
If 2<input<2.99
Then Output3 = x
If 3<input<3.99
Then Output4 = x
If 4<input<5
Then Output5 = x

Is this what you want to happen as an algorithm? I do not know what you want the x output to be exactly so it is just x for now

Last edited:
Yeah like that but the input will stay the same like only one input but 5 outputs. And the input voltage that will control the switching will it its own source. The outputs would be going to pots to change resistance

It is very easy, just google some guides, its standard programming, you will need a kit though, the PIC is programmed via your computer, write code on your pc, then transfer to the PIc. I am not very clued up with the different PIC's you could use though, so finding the appropriate one may involve research, or maybe a forum member could help :)

PIC16F877
PIC16F84
Alright, these are popular PIC's used for projects. So check up on these aswell, as i am guessing they are more reliable, or something positive that makes them more popular than others. But just to be sure, as the one you have posted will also work, just for the sake of reliability, check :)

From my algorithm, the output x is going to be what exactly? volts, from what source etc

Last edited:
Ah ok, so you want to hook up your maf. You mentioned the outputs, where do they go to? are you intending on lighting LED's or to another device to do something depending on which 0.1-0.99V or 1-1.99V etc condition it is in?

the maf in a car is very important to how much fuel is injected into the engine. so the ecu of the car sees the amount of air going into the engine as different voltage and i want to adjest that voltage at different speeds but i do have an apexi safc which uses rpms to adjest the fuel but lets say if your going up a big hill and you are wide open well the engine is going to run lean because its trying to gain rpm with an open throttle but its only putting in so much fuel so if you have it going off of the tps then its only have so much air going in at a time.

anyways: the output will be going to pots to change the voltage, and that signal will be coming from the maf going into the pic then going to the proper pot as the tps voltage changes. make sense? its hard to explain

Ok, somehow, i don't fully get what you are saying, and its weird coz i understand cars well, lol. But anyways, the reason why i asked is so that if i or another member understands what exactly it is you are trying to do, perhaps we could offer a better way to solve your problem

Sounds like an LM3914, in bar mode, could be the basis for your circuit?

I suggested a pic because i thought he could have more control over it, and make the system more precise, as well as possibly adding further functions if he needs to in the future ;) but the 3914 would be straight forward and would work

Certainly a PIC would be more versatile, but if I've understood you requirements, and if you want to stick to analogue, then something like this perhaps?
Pot U1 is active continuously, pots U2-U5 become active respectively and additionally as the MAF voltage rises above 1V, 2V.....

No not like that okay so the throttle positing sensor (tps) will tell the pic or micro chip when it needs to change the maf input to different outputs depending on the tps voltage because the way the tps work is when you open the throttle up more and more it sends more volts to the engines ecu. And then the output from the maf will go to different pots to adjust the maf signal going t
into the ecu. If I wasn't at work right now I would draw up a picture

Draw a block diagram, lol. If we know how the maf signal affects the tps via the ecu, then it would help aswell, and how you want it to change, use hypothetical figures of voltages etc

Okay I put a bigger camshaft in and ported and polished the intake and head. Maf works with voltage too Idk how to explain this so you'll have to wait for a picture I guess lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back