Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mackie Control Universal LCD Screen is acting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

trashdinner

Hey guys, I have a Mackie Control Universal Midi Controller and the last 15 x 2 squares of the LCD screen is acting weird.
Sometimes it's blank, sometimes it's scrolling to the right then disapears after a while, sometimes I see lines going down for a while, sometimes it works well for a couple of minutes then disapears.

I would really appreciate your help and I've uploaded a video (click on the link below) and I've attached the schematics here.

**broken link removed**

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Mackie Control brain.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • Mackie Control Display.pdf
    604.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Mackie Control master.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
  • Mackie Control power 380A.pdf
    215.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Mackie Control power 380B.pdf
    311.5 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Welcome to ETO.

Please transfer your files to ETO. For safety reasons members will not access your personal dropbox.

I don't think the screen itself is the problem because of the way text often move to the right and do weird things. I re soldered most solder points that could have cracked and reconnected the ribbon cables to make sure it wasn't a connection issue and nothing changed :( I would really appreciate help if anyone has experience with that kind of issues. Thanks!

trashdinner,

The power supply brick for this thing is notoriously bad (I made measurements). I was having similar issues except when the screen would dim or blank, the whole unit would restart (fader calibration would begin). I couldn't see the video, but is yours "browning out" like that? For my third PSU I got a non-Mackie unit such as this and it has been working wonderfully since. The data scrolling you mention does indicate something wrong with the dataline connections though.

thanks.
jg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back