Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mac vs. pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

(video contains some obscure language. may be offensive to some people, just be forewarned...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHO8l-Bd1O4

"iPhone *****!" lol

"What's that?"
"It's an iHouse."
"But it has no WINDOWS."
"Exaaaactly. Ahahahah!"

Jez, that is a sweet vid... :D

That video might offend the Commodore 64 community though which is still alive and well =)

That was fun.

Yes, the strength of mac is that they hire real designers to design their hardware. Their machines are really nice to have and hold, but you pay for that. Recently, some companies made notebooks which come close aesthetically, (Samsung has some nice looking books) but most of the desktop PCs I have seen are very kitchie. However, aesthetics are wasted on 90% of humans.

OS X is a wonderful OS, and if you ever used X on Sun OS, you'll appreciate Apple's achievement. Macs, however, have always shown a lack, when trying to do anything like microcontroller work. Only now are they beginning to become useful in this regard, and that is because of their UNIX base.

The real kicker with mac, is that you can't build your own hardware, and that suX!

That video might offend the Commodore 64 community though which is still alive and well =)

Oh, i really want a commodore 64. They are awesome... BASIC and all the pirated games... :D i think i will pick one up on eBay...

Nigel Goodwin said:
You can download a 64 emulator and run the games on your PC!.

Nigel! Nothing beats the real thing! Shame shame! ;)

Marks256 said:
Nigel! Nothing beats the real thing! Shame shame! ;)

I don't know if i've even seen a commodore 64 in real life, let alone used one. I suppose that makes some of you feel old;) :D :p

Actually, if I'm not mistaken you can run C64 games on some Texas Instrument calculators.

All of this is great, but I have to deal with Vista in the next 6 months when the XP folks really think it will be better.

I will have to replace all their commercial products they own and hear them complain they have to buy things.

The one machine I did work on for someone that loaded Vista, it was simpler.. And look cool.. So I guess the cool mac look and make it simple, is coming from Microsoft and Al Gore. The inventors..

Either way, I see the computer as a work tool.. Not a game. Seems a lot of people make more money as Bill Gate does and they go along with it.

Make sure you tell them to file complaints in the proper spot, at Microsoft.

Can not do that or they will have to pay for the MS form website (that only works with IE) or a MS passport ID so they can file the complaint. :D

You'd be surprised how effective a phone call can be. Even Mickeysoft has a phone line, and if you're dedicated you can find someone that will answer it.

Why don't you warn them before hand?

Then if they don't listen, tell them you told them so.

I warn them and they do not listen. :D Also, looks like it will take a RAM upgrade for a lot of machines.

I might backup my Sony laptop and load Vista business on it. See it Eagle and MPLABS still run. See pretty graphics, etc.

I was "lucky" enough to get to install Vista on a laptop yesterday. It was rather boring... :rolleyes:

The install took forever (it was a very new laptop, too), and it was a bit TOO user friendly setup...

I'm not planning on touching Vista untill the first major service pack is released, or XP get so phased out that Vista is required, hopefull that will be at least two years, and by then there will be a new version of Windows either on it's way out or in the works.

Yeah. i heard that vista is currently REALLY buggy... Well, let's just hope that it doesn't turn out like 2k... (service pack 6....)

Microsoft are always releasing their software when it's still in beta phase, I appreciate that it's hard to test the software fully but this is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back