Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LYNXR security system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimer

I have just moved into a new house,well new to me,and it has a LYNXR (Ademco) security system,the previous owner doesn't know the code is there some method of finding it or feeding another in. I also need a circuit diagram. Thankyou in advance.:D

Hmmm , if the device was installed by a professional third party then they should have record of an engineers code for the device or you could try mailing the manufacturer. Simply present yourself to them along with personal ID and documentaion to prove you are in fact the legitimate house owner and explain to them your dilema.

Plan B:
Fill the bell box with expanding foam, cut the wires , remove from wall with a large hammer and bundle the whole lot into the boot of a car for hasty trip to far away dumpster.

HA ha, reading an old forum , take the battery out, then power down the system, re-power and within 60sec press * + # simultaneously. This puts it int programming mode, then press #20 and the digits displayed are the installers code, this is the highest level code. EXit programming by pressing *99.

When you change the master code you have to press the keys with no more than a 2 sec puase between digits. AHH the internet is a wonderful thing.

Thanks everybody,your advice is much valued.I tried your first suggestion Mad Professor but they insisted on coming out and of course charging a fee which was not much less than a new unit. Paul i did take out the battery and disconnected from the mains then took out the piezo and unplugged the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back